Benefits To Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Allows your dryer to operate more efficiently, using less energy and saving you money.
- Protects your dryer from excess wear and premature failure.
- Helps clothes dry faster—a time savings for busy families.
- Reduces excess household dust and humidity
- Helps preserve clothing, as the life of many fabrics is damaged by excessive high heat.
- Protects your home & its contents from fires, smoke and pollutants
Q: Why is dryer vent cleaning so important? A: Annual dryer vent cleaning will reduce the amount of time it takes to dry a load. A dryer with a blocked vent can take 3 to 4 times as long to dry costing you money. If your dryer is unable to let the hot air escape properly it will produce an unsafe amount of heat. This becomes a huge fire risk.
Q: How often should I have my dryer vent cleaned? A:Most vents should be cleaned every year. Some dryer vents need attention more often, Determining factors include:- How heavily the dryer is used - The age and type of dryer and venting used. - The design of the vent. Those with a lot of 45 and 90 degree bends create restriction that will allow lint to accumulate more often.
Q: Is it my dryer or my dryer vent that is the problem? A: It is almost 99% of the time your dryer vent. Get your vents checked and cleaned first before calling a Tech.
Q:How do you clean my dryer vent? A:Vent Solutions uses a rotary brush paired with drill and high powered vacuum cleaner. Our brushes are able to snake to the end of your vent, releasing all lint and debris. At the same time the vacuum is sucking it out. We will also locate where your vent exits your home and clean your exterior screen if accessible.
Q: What are some warning signs of a blocked dryer vent? A:
- Your dryer takes more than 50 min to dry a load
- Your dryer may be hot to the touch on top
- Excessive lint on cloths
- Your dryers lint screen not collecting lint
- Is lint gathering on the backside of the lint screen
- Notice a musty odor on clothing
- Water in the transition tube connecting to your dryer
- Humidity inside on the door
- You may notice a slight burning smell while running your dryer
- As soon as you start noticing your drying times increasing you need to make the call to Vent Solutions.
You may experience one or many of these issues depending on the severity of the blockage and type of dryer.Regular cleanings will prevent these issues from occurring.
Q:What type of transition tube do you recommend? A: We recommend an aluminum corrugated or UL rated non plastic transition connection if possible. If you look in your owners manual for your dryer you will see this same recommendation. Most of the time this type can and should be installed.